We started the journey with a brainstorm of everything we’d want from the waterproof shoe.
Lightweight, Stretchy, Breathable, Withstand hours of wet conditions, and comfortable
Where others tried, we succeeded.
At Flux we don’t just make shoes, we make better shoes.
After putting hundreds of fabrics to the test we finally found the ultimate pairing: our AdaptKnit Upper + a stretch waterproof lining provided previous unachieved breathability and comfort.
Whether you get stuck in a spontaneous downpour or slugging through sloppy snow. These shoes have your and your socks covered.
Stay Dry. Move More.
Yes, these shoes are flat from heel to toe, allowing your feet to land naturally.
"Barefoot shoes" is a general term for shoes that optimize the natural biomechanics of the human foot. To achieve that, our shoes feature excellent flexibility, zero-drop (no heel raise), and a generous toebox to accomodate the foot's natural shape.
The amount of time it takes to transition to barefoot shoes varies for each individual, as everyone's feet are different and may adapt to the new shoes at different rates. However, the following general guidelines can help:
- Gradual transition: Gradually increasing the amount of time you spend in barefoot shoes can help reduce discomfort and allow your feet to adjust to the new sensation of walking without shoes.
- Start small: Begin by wearing barefoot shoes for a few hours at a time and gradually increase the duration as your feet get used to them.
- Listen to your body: Pay attention to any discomfort or pain you experience while wearing barefoot shoes. If you experience discomfort, take a break and switch back to your regular shoes for a few days.
- Give it time: It can take several weeks or even months for your feet to fully adjust to barefoot shoes, so be patient and persistent.
Keep in mind that everyone's feet are different and the transition time may vary. It's important to listen to your body and adjust accordingly to ensure a comfortable transition to barefoot shoes.
Yes! Many of our customers have successfully transitioned from traditional shoes to barefoot/minimalist shoes by wearing our shoes.
The Adapt Runner has a generous toebox, thanks to the Toe-Off shape which creates ample room for the toes throughout the gait cycle.
- RLRaymond L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productStyle Classic BlackSize Purchased 10 Men = 11 WomenRated 5 out of 5 starsYesterdayOut of Nowhere
Over the past few months I've converted most of my shoes over to wide toe box. The normal Flux Runners are in my rotation for runs during the week. The last shoes for me to change was my car wash pair. Every week I'd go back to my goretex Ultraboosts on Car Wash day and my big toes would be aching by Noon. I was looking for something to replace them but most things I was finding were almost in the $200 range and were usually from trail series of shoes I've never tried before.
Out of nowhere I got the email for these and knew I had to order them immediately for my Car Wash day. Two weeks in and I'm happy with the purchase. I got size 10.5 and they fit just as well as the normal Runners size 10.
I'm not using them as running shoes so my criticisms aren't super applicable but I use a step stool to reach up on higher cars and one of my feet slipped backward as I was leaning forward a bit. I guess due to the smooth-ish sole as my other ones had more texture. I've gotta be more careful of that. Also when I'm scooting around on my rolling stool the "sharper" edges on the heel of the sole don't grab as well as the rounded ones I was used to on the Ultraboosts and the Vessis before that. I'd realistically give a 4.5 stars but as I said these criticisms are outside of their design case so I rounded up to 5. Just hope they last!WidthRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BRBrad R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productStyle Black GumSize Purchased 11 Men = 12 WomenRated 5 out of 5 stars2 days agoExcellent shoe for more moderate hiking
These have been great to be able to hike with and not worry so much about getting them wet and dirty!WidthRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- HMHannah M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased 7 Men = 8 WomenRated 4 out of 5 stars3 days agoAbout 1/2 a size too small
I love the look of the waterproof runner. I have the adapt runners and bought the same size in the waterproof but could barely get my foot in. Waiting for them to have my size back in stock!WidthRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- VSVenkatesh S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productStyle Classic BlackSize Purchased 11 Men = 12 WomenRated 5 out of 5 stars3 days agoGreat shoes
It’s amazing. I used to have Nike for walking, and Flux outperforms itWidthRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DRDaniel R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased 10 Men = 11 WomenRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoFormer Hoka wearer and won’t go back
I’ve been a police officer for 25 years and struggle with feet issues. I was wearing Hoka Bondi but they were limited in comfort. I bought these in black for work and they were so AMAZING. I ordered a second pair in gray and the trainers! I might even do a review video for social media they are so good.WidthRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2